Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grilled Beer Marinated Hanger Steak

My daughter LOVES this recipe!  I cut it out of a Bon Appetite magazine a while ago.  I put the ingredients and began the marinading the night before.

1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
1/2 bottle dark lager beer (like a bock, or Sam Adams Black Lager)
2 lbs skirt steak (also called hanger steak)

Whisk all of the ingredients together then place into a ziploc bag with steak overnight.  Try to use fresh rosemary, it makes a difference in flavor.  Grill steak (or pan grill) to desired doneness. 

I served it with Alexis Sweet Potato Fries and broccoli, but last night Carolynn's Mom stopped by with fresh corn on the cob, so we ditched the broc!  Since I wound up home after all, I opened a package of BBQ veggie strips and had that for my veggie self.  The steak got rave reviews.

So far this whole $125 thing.  Katherine is taking turkey to school for lunch and breakfast is eggs or a pancake for K.  I'm beginning to realize that using up things like the coffee, eggs, pancake mix, and milk this week is going to add up next week.  I'll worry about that next week!

No comments: